The Middleton Chamber of Commerce staff and Board of Directors will continue to stay up-to-date on any resources and relief available to you and will stay on the front lines advocating for our business community by speaking with legislators and those in power to help ensure the future for all our members.
This page is a place you can come to find such information. In addition to this page, we will continue to communicate with you through phone calls, emails, social media posts and our newsletter.
City of Middleton: Business Resource Survey - The Middleton City Council is considering providing low- to no-interest loan assistance on generous payback terms for businesses within the City. They have asked the Chamber to gather information from its members to see what the appetite would be for such a loan program in the City of Middleton.
- Gov. Tony Evers announced the launch of a $5 million COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grant Program aimed at assisting Wisconsin cultural organizations that have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Gov. Tony Evers announced an additional $30 million of federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) dollars are being directed toward supporting early care and education providers. Read more here.
- Gov. Evers Announces $8 Million TRAVEL Grants Program for Tourism Industry
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is committed to creating and maintaining a business climate that allows you to maximize your potential.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) offers multiple funding options.
- The CARES Act - The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act builds on the two former pieces of legislation by providing more robust support to both individuals and businesses including Expanded Unemployment Insurance, Recovery Rebates, and Paycheck Protection Program (see below).
- Updated August 4 - The Small Business Administration (SBA), in consultation with the Department of the Treasury, is providing this guidance to address borrower and lender questions concerning forgiveness of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans. Read more...
- Updated June 22 - (as of 6/22 text has not been received at the Library of Congress) you can find initial details in the Forbes article that outlines the provisions.
- Updated June 10 - PPP Loan Considerations provided by Nagel & Vanden Heuvel.
- Dane County Small Business Pandemic Support Grant - Available for small businesses experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak and applications are due by June 15. Applications received after June 15 may be considered if funds are still available.
- Unemployment COVID-19 Public Information - Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 Coronavirus and Wisconsin Unemployment Benefits.
- Kiva Greater Madison is offering small business applicants expanded loan sizes.
- WWBIC - WWBIC is working with federal, state and local organizations, to support our many WWBIC borrowers, entrepreneurs and businesses in need of loan capital now.
- National Restaurant Association has developed a grant relief program for employees of restaurants.
- Preventing Tenant Eviction - If you have friends or family who can benefit from assistance to prevent tenant eviction, Dane County has provided CARES Act funding to help tenants in danger of being evicted. They have provided funds to the Tenant Resource Center to assist.
COVID-19 Consulting Services can be found on the Chamber's website by going to the Business Directory page and searching for COVID-19 Consulting Services.
- Calendar of Events is located on the Chamber's website for an up-to-date list of Chamber Events.
- Member Highlights - A showcase of what our members are offering and doing during COVID-19.
- Department of Workforce Development - As presented at Get Moving Middleton in August.
- Public Health Tips for Businesses - As presented at Get Moving Middleton in August.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation developed Reopening Guidelines based on industry.
- Wisconsin Safety Council Releases 8 Step Guide to Keep Employees Safe.
- Forward Dane is a the plan to reopen the county in phases during the COVID-19 pandemic, which was put together by Public Health Madison and Dane County.
- Dane County Coronavirus Dashboard - provided by Public Health Madison & Dane County provides data on COVID-19 cases by Wisconsin County, total tests administered, total confirmed cases, confirmed cases by age, cumulative case count by date, and total deaths.
- Member Events and Promotions and Member News - learn about what our members are doing to support each other.
- City of Middleton COVID-19 Updates and Closures - The City will continue to provide updates on their website regarding COVID-19 closures and updates.
- Madison Metro Transit - Visit this site for updates on the bus service.
- Urban League’s COVID-19 Workforce Relief & Recovery Initiative aims to meet the immediate and future needs of jobs seekers and businesses who are seeking workers.
- Downtown Middleton provides a list of businesses that are offering modified options during COVID-19.
- Visit the official page of Governor Evers for Press Releases, Executive Orders and Proclamations.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Get the latest information COVID-19 in the State of Wisconsin including tracking outbreaks.
- Department of Workforce Development -Visit the DWD site for some of the answers to frequently asked questions that relate to DWD’s services and information.
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce- Business Resource Center including the latest updates and guidance for employers.
- Webinar Updates from State Officials including: Governor Evers, Secretary of Department of Workforce Development, and Senator Ron Johnson, or visit their YouTube Channel
- Infographic #1: Keeping the Workplace Safe
- Infographic #2: Keeping Commercial Establishments Safe
- Infographic #3: Stop Germs! Wash Your Hands
- Center for Research on the Wisconsin Economy - Tracks and analyzes the economic impact of COVID-19 in Wisconsin and around the world.
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) is taking swift action to address complaints of price gouging. To report suspected price gouging, please download a complaint form.
- COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests - This site provides testing information including testing sites in Wisconsin.
The White House News - Visit this site for the latest updates from the Trump Administration, including briefings and statements, Presidential actions, and news articles.
Congress.gov - The official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- OSHA's Response to Workplace Safety and Coronavirus Exposure - how employers should protect their employees.
US Department of Agriculture - Frequently asked questions on USDA Loans, service centers, food safety, trade and more.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a nationwide Order that temporarily halts all Evictions for non-payment of rent due to a household’s loss of income or extraordinary medical expenses. The order by the CDC can be read HERE.
- Project Recovery is a community-based program designed to meet the emotional needs of the community.
- Parent Hacks for Homeschooling - Homeschooling can leave kids feeling uncomfortable and anxious at the change and lack of contact with teachers and peers.
- Middleton Public Library - The library is hosting a series of Facebook Live events for Baby and Kids Storytime.
- Wisconsin Digital Library - The Wisconsin's Digital Library offers something for everyone to read while staying home.
- Expressively You - Expressively You has released a few painting kits (for kids and adults) that will help add some expressive structure and fun.
- Virtual Field Trips - Visit this link for 30 virtual field trips.
- Live Well, Work Well - Mental Well-Being During Quarantine
- Kalsow Coaching & Consulting is offering coaching and support at no or low cost to provide support.
- Free Class Friday is offered by CI Pediatric Therapy Centers and has classes for children of all ages and even a few parent classes.
Connect For Change
Over the past several months systemic racism has been brought to the forefront of our country. There is much that can be done to address the racial inequities in our city and region. As business leaders we should recognize the opportunities that cultural diversity brings to Middleton and the surrounding region. Racism is a difficult and complex topic. Change will take focus, dedication, and commitment from businesses, residents, and community leaders.
I have had conversations with several leaders in the Black and minority communities over the past few weeks. These discussions helped me realize that providing a few one-hour sessions about how to address systemic racism or how to create a culture of inclusion will not be enough. This approach would not provide our members and partners with the resources and tools to help with any long-term change.
We can, however, CONNECT. The Middleton Chamber of Commerce will facilitate CONNECTing our members with community organizations whose full-time focus and mission is to educate the community, challenge the way that we run our businesses, and provide the greatest resources to help you impact change and navigate this this complex issue.
We will provide tools and programs available to you in upcoming newsletters under the heading, “Connect for Change.” This section will showcase racial justice resources, seminars, diversity institutes, and information on how to create equitable organizations.
The Middleton Chamber of Commerce staff and Board of Directors support our business community, we support equality, and we want to help provide solutions in peaceful and constructive ways. We will continue to inspire, share, and learn from each other so that we are able to grow and contribute to our greater community.
The Middleton Chamber of Commerce looks forward to CONNECTING all of you! I think that it is fitting to share our organization’s, “Why?”
OUR WHY: To be a connected business community that inspires, shares and learns from each other - so that we're able to grow, succeed and contribute to our greater community.
Kate Wicker, Executive Director
- Boys & Girls Club of Dane County - A leader in youth development programs, serving more than 6500 young people across the Madison area.
- Just Dane - Originally named Madison-area Urban Ministry (MUM), this nonprofit was created as a social justice, social service organization.
- Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane County - Their mission is to maximize economic development and job creation through advocacy and programs that generate success and value for our Latino and non-Latino business community.
- Madison Black Chamber of Commerce - Focused on building Black owned businesses in greater Madison for the betterment of our entire city and community.
- Urban League of Greater Madison - The mission of the Urban League of Greater Madison is to ensure that African Americans and other community members are educated, employed and empowered to live well, advance professionally and contribute to the common good in the 21st Century.
- YWCA - YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.