The Middleton Chamber of Commerce staff and Board of Directors will continue to stay up-to-date on any resources and relief available to you and will stay on the front lines advocating for our business community by speaking with legislators and those in power to help ensure the future for all our members.
This page is a place you can come to find such information. In addition to this page, we will continue to communicate with you through phone calls, emails, social media posts and our newsletter.
- Gov. Evers Announces $75 Million We're All In Grant Program and Initiative to Spur Wisconsin's Economic Recovery, Promote Safe Business Practices, announced May 18, 2020.
- Panel Discussion: COVID-19 Financial Relief - On Tuesday, April 28, the Middleton Chamber hosted a panel discussion with local experts. Click the link to watch the session or open the handouts listed below. Please note the details in these handouts are current as of April 28, 2020.
Dane County Small Business Pandemic Support Grant - Available for small businesses experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Funding was recently increased to $10.8 million and applications are due by June 15.
Restaurant Employee Relief Grants Available - $500 grants to restaurant industry employees who have been financially impacted by COVID-19, whether through a decrease in wages or loss of employment. Funds will be disbursed on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to availability of funds. Watch video tutorial
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Guidance & Loan Resources
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans Program
- SBA Press Release, March 20, 2020 - SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Wisconsin Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID19)
- US Small Business Administration Disaster Loans Fact Sheet - Whether you rent or own your own home, own your own business, or own a small agricultural cooperative located in a declared disaster area, and are the victim of a disaster, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
- The CARES Act - The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act builds on the two former pieces of legislation by providing more robust support to both individuals and businesses including Expanded Unemployment Insurance, Recovery Rebates, and Paycheck Protection Program (see below).
- NEW - Backgrounder on Health Coverage: Options for individuals who have lost employer sponsored coverage due to coronavirus
- NEW - Backgrounder on Unemployment Insurance Under the CARES Act
- US Chamber's Overview of CARES Program
- Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. Small businesses and eligible nonprofit organizations, Veterans organizations, and Tribal businesses described in the Small Business Act, as well as individuals who are self-employed or are independent contractors, are eligible if they also meet program size standards.
- Business Related Tax Provisions
- PPP Loan Considerations provided by Nagel & Vanden Heuvel.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness - Applications are now being accepted.
Grants from Facebook - Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where we operate.
Dane County COVID-10 Emergency and Recovery Fund - Several Dane County community groups are working together to help people hardest hit by the health and economic impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Unemployment COVID-19 Public Information - Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 Coronavirus and Wisconsin Unemployment Benefits.
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is committed to creating and maintaining a business climate that allows you to maximize your potential.
- Please visit this page for information and resources available for businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Please visit this page for information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, your family and your employees.
- Resource Map and who to contact sheet.
- Essential Business Declaration - Businesses fitting the definitions on this linked site are allowed to continue operations, according to the Governor’s Order.
Kiva Greater Madison - In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kiva US is offering small business applicants expanded loan sizes, now up to $15,000, still 0% interest, and grace periods from 1-6 months. Please find an announcement about Kiva US product changes here. An FAQ regarding the product changes can be found here.
- WWBIC - WWBIC is working with federal, state and local organizations, to support our many WWBIC borrowers, entrepreneurs and businesses in need of loan capital now.
- Ethnic & Diverse Business Coalition (EDBC) - EDBC is offering a Small Business Impact Grant to assist small ethnic and diverse businesses of any industry that are a business member in of one of their coalition members during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Latino Consortium for Action has announced the creation of a new Emergency Relief Fund which will benefit those most affected by COVID-19 in the Latinx community.
- National Restaurant Association has developed a grant relief program for employees of restaurants.
- United States Chamber of Commerce Foundation has launched the Save Small Business Fund.
- A Fund for Women brings people together to support the women and girls of our community in reaching their full potential.
- Hello Alice Offers $10,000 Emergency Grants for Small Businesses Affected by Coronavirus.
- Forward Community Investments (FCI) has committed an initial $50,000 in partnership with Associated Bank to support small nonprofits that have changed their operational model or services due to COVID‐19.
- Ethnic Minority Emergency Grant has been established to help ethnic minority-owned micro-businesses cope with the economic impact
- Susan Harwood Training Grant Program is available to improve worker safety and health.
- We’re All In Small Business Grant Program is designed to help small businesses get back on their feet as they re-emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic and Safer at Home, while also encouraging adoption of best practices to keep employees, customers and communities safe.
COVID-19 Consulting Services can be found on the Chamber's website by going to the Business Directory page and searching for COVID-19 Consulting Services.
- Visit the Chamber's Calendar of Events for an up-to-date list of Chamber Events.
- Member Highlights - A showcase of what our members are offering and doing during COVID-19.
- Please click the links below to visit the events page for each of these businesses who are offering free webinars.
OSHA Workplace Posters - U.S. Dept. of Labor releases OSHA’s has published “Ten Steps All Workplaces Can Take to Reduce Risk of Exposure to Coronavirus” poster in 13 languages.
OSHA Guide to Preparing Workplace - This guidance is aimed at helping workers and employers learn about ways to protect themselves and their workplaces during the ongoing pandemic.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation developed Reopening Guidelines based on industry.
- Wisconsin Safety Council Releases 8 Step Guide to Keep Employees Safe.
- Find PPE and other protective equipment suppliers here
Madison College Take 10 Series are webinars and short micro-burst learning modules, many related to COVID-19.
- Forward Dane is a new plan to reopen the county in phases during the COVID-19 pandemic, which was put together by Public Health Madison and Dane County.
Dane County Issues Safer at Home Order following Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down Governor Ever's statewide Safer at Home Order.
Dane County Coronavirus Dashboard - provided by Public Health Madison & Dane County provides data on COVID-19 cases by Wisconsin County, total tests administered, total confirmed cases, confirmed cases by age, cumulative case count by date, and total deaths.
- Dane County Announces Multi-Million Dollar Effort to Reduce Evictions, Improve Access to Housing
- Member Events and Promotions and Member News - learn about what our members are doing to support each other.
- City of Middleton COVID-19 Updates and Closures - The City will continue to provide updates on their website regarding COVID-19 closures and updates.
- Middleton Recycling Center announces a partial reopening on May 16.
- Madison Metro Transit Bus Service continues to adjust its services and is now offering FREE service.
- Hiring? Send Job Postings to Wisconsin Restaurant Association, who is trying to help place individuals who are out of jobs with temporary jobs. They are asking the business community to send them a link with job postings, and they will get them out to their membership. If your business is hiring temporary employees, please send any open positions directly to Kristine Hillmer (email@example.com).
- Urban League’s COVID-19 Workforce Relief & Recovery Initiative aims to meet the immediate and future needs of jobs seekers and businesses who are seeking workers.
- Downtown Middleton provides a list of businesses that are offering modified options during COVID-19.
- Governor Ever's Statewide, Safer at Home Order Struck Down by Wisconsin Supreme Court. Dane County health officials issue Safer at Home.
- Center for Research on the Wisconsin Economy - Tracks and analyzes the economic impact of COVID-19 in Wisconsin and around the world.
- Another Turn of the Dial for Wisconsin Businesses - Effective immediately, released May 11.
- Governor Evers Directs DNR to Reopen Several State Parks and Forests with Special Conditions - Read the news release here that was sent out April 28.
- Badger Bounce Back Plan - Read Governor Evers plan to reopen Wisconsin's economy, released April 20.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Get the latest information COVID-19 in the State of Wisconsin including tracking outbreaks.
- DHS Announces Hospital Metrics for Badger Bounce Back
- Department of Workforce Development -Visit the DWD site for some of the answers to frequently asked questions that relate to DWD’s services and information.
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce- Business Resource Center including the latest updates and guidance for employers.
- Webinar Updates from State Officials including: Governor Evers, Secretary of Department of Workforce Development, and Senator Ron Johnson, or visit their YouTube Channel
- Relief & Recovery Agenda - WMC has drafted a Relief and Recovery Agenda for legislative consideration in response to COVID-19.
- Infographic #1: Keeping the Workplace Safe
- Infographic #2: Keeping Commercial Establishments Safe
- Infographic #3: Stop Germs! Wash Your Hands
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Centers - Loan assistance and support for small business owners in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) is taking swift action to address complaints of price gouging. To report suspected price gouging, please download a complaint form.
- Free COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests - Updated daily, this map shows free testing sites in Wisconsin.
The White House News - Visit this site for the latest updates from the Trump Administration, including briefings and statements, Presidential actions, and news articles.
The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America - 15 Days to Slow the Spread
Families First Coronavirus Response Act - This bill responds to the coronavirus outbreak by providing paid sick leave and free coronavirus testing, expanding food assistance and unemployment benefits, and requiring employers to provide additional protections for health care workers.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- About the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Preventing Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Share Facts about COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Web page
- OSHA's Response to Workplace Safety and Coronavirus Exposure - how employers should protect their employees.
US Department of Agriculture - Frequently asked questions on USDA Loans, service centers, food safety, trade and more.
Parent Hacks for Homeschooling - Homeschooling can leave kids feeling uncomfortable and anxious at the sudden change and lack of contact with teachers and peers.
- Middleton Public Library - The library is hosting a series of Facebook Live events for Baby and Kids Storytime.
- Wisconsin Digital Library - The Wisconsin's Digital Library offers something for everyone to read while staying home.
- Expressively You - Expressively You has released a few painting kits (for kids and adults) that will help add some expressive structure and fun.
- Virtual Field Trips - Visit this link for 30 virtual field trips.
- The Little Gym of Middleton is providing some The Little Gym at Home classes through their Facebook page for you to keep active and in touch during this time.
- Live Well, Work Well: Mental Well-Being During Quarantine
- Kalsow Coaching & Consulting is offering coaching and support at no or low cost to provide support.
- Tips for managing loneliness
- Gilda's Club Madison is actively serving members virtually via ZOOM and adding programs to meet their changing needs.
- Roman Candle offers Pizza Kits to help engage your children in cooking.
- Free Class Friday is offered by CI Pediatric Therapy Centers and has classes for children of all ages and even a few parent classes.